We have specialists to carry out Reliability and Availability modelling for a range of facilities.
Reliability, Availability and Maintainability studies (RAM)
- Developing a RAM model that best represents the facility's operating configuration and maintenance philosophy.
- Identification of key contributors for the unavailability and production loss of the facility.
- Investigation of alternative design, sparing philosophy, maintenance and/or operating strategies by means of sensitivity analysis to improve plant availability and/ or production efficiency.
Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM)
- Screening process to identify the most critical systems, or equipment for analysis based on reliability, project specification, and client requirements.
- Detailed assessment of the system or equipment's functional requirements, the failure causes and associated effects.
- Development of failure management strategies in order to achieve optimized maintenance strategy and system reliability for optimal operation in the operating environment specific to each project.
- Optimization of the maintenance (condition based, or time based) frequency and mode, based on reliability, project specification, and vendor requirements.
Failure Mode & Effect Analysis (FMEA) and Criticality Analysis (FMECA)
- Identification of potential failure modes for a process equipment, along with the detailed assessment of the likely failure causes.
- Assessment of the consequences and risk from the failures at local, sub-system, system and global level.
- Analysis of the safeguards and detection means in place against the risks.
- Identification of corrective actions to control the risks associated with the project facilities such that the likely failure modes and causes are managed effectively.
- Experienced in adopting both a qualitative or semi-quantitative approach with risk ranking as per the criticality/ severity of the failure effect, its probability of occurrence, and detectability.
Safety Integrity Level (SIL) Verification
- Experienced in using Fault Tree Analysis in combination with Markov Modelling to suit clients’ requirements or calculations for complex functions
- Competent to perform calculations using industry recognised software suites such as exSILentia.
- Trained and certified personnel well versed with requirements from International standards and codes such as IEC 61508, and IEC 61511.
- Optimisation of Safety Instrumented Systems (SISs) configuration and proof test intervals to meet performance requirements.